Travelling has become an escape for me.✈
I usually don't realize how much I need to get away until I'm sitting in the plane, staring at the clouds, and it suddenly dawns on me that I'm leaving everything familiar behind for a while. 🛫
I had a similar experience with the Milan trip my sister and I took recently...
By the time we finalized our plans for the trip, I'd only completed one month of my internship, and hadn't realized how mentally exhausted I already was until then. 😩 Thankfully, we were able to get some time off our busy schedules and spend a few days in sunny Italy. 😎🇮🇹
We were fortunate enough to both get flights arriving in Milan minutes apart from each other - seeing as we were flying in from different countries. We arrived in the city in the afternoon, and were warmly greeted (pun intended 😉 ) by the sunny weather.
Afterwards, we started the long journey to our hotel (about an hour's drive from the airport we arrived at), and when we got there, we were thrilled to find the swimming pool empty and ready for us to enjoy. 🏊♀
It wasn't long before we'd checked in, put our bags down and changed into our swimming costumes. Soon afterwards, we were sitting by the pool, and enjoying the warmth of the sun on our bodies. Our whole afternoon was spent by the pool which - we later realized - had been a smart move on our part, seeing as it rained throughout the next day. ☔
Thankfully, our third day in Milan was sunny and we spent it in the city centre. We visited the Milan Cathedral (Duomo di Milano), had our first Italian meal of the trip at Ristorante Replay, and then enjoyed some street music before heading back home.
The following day we visited Brera district, where we walked around exploring the area. We found a gelato shop called Monte Gelateria Artigianale, and the gelato we had there exceeded our already-high expectations of the gelato in Italy. 🍦😋
Despite our brief visit to one of the world's fashion capitals, we had an amazing time there, and are grateful for the much-needed break we had just before summer came to an end.☀
On that note, here are my "TOP TIPS for travelling to Milan":
1. Start by packing things you're most likely to forget behind. Face wipes, toothbrushes, deodorant, chargers, e.t.c. Somehow we always end up going toiletry shopping once we arrive in a new place. It's an unnecessary, extra expense that can be avoided if you start packing early and intentionally.
2. We found the weather in Milan at the beginning of October to be perfect for a late summer holiday. No sign of autumn there! So it's safe to say that it's a good time to visit the city. 😉
3. Co-ordinate between the booking of your hotel and the booking of your airplane ticket, as you might end up having to travel long distances from the airport to your hotel - and vice versa. What you spend on these trips might as well be spent on an airplane ticket that might be a bit more expensive, but is closer to your hotel - or a hotel that's closer to the airport you're flying into and out of.
4. Even on a summer holiday, carry at least one warm outfit. Regardless of how warm and sunny the weather reports claim to be on the week you plan to be on holiday, you never really know how accurate they are. Have a jacket and a pair of trainers handy. Trust me, it's no fun jumping over puddles in a summer dress and sandals. 😅
5. As you look for places to visit within the city, also look for places to eat near these attractions. We often spend quite a bit of time looking for a suitable restaurant that not only serves quality food, but is also affordable. But we're learning to check out restaurant reviews at least a day before we plan to visit a specific area, so that we have an idea of where to eat while we're there.🍽
As usual, I took a few pictures and did a bit of vlogging on our trip. I hope they give you an idea of the place. Enjoy!😊
I find it easier and more effective to write down how I feel rather than to say it.
All 1 Kings Afghanistan African Proverb Alcazaba Algarve Arc De Triomphe Artists Asking For Help Ballet Bangkok Beautiful Beauty Bible Boss Babe Calling Canary Islands Chiang Mai Childhood Christianity Church Contentment Creativity Cruise Ship Cube Houses Dance Eiffel Tower Emotions Empowered Women Empowering Women Estepona Faith Family Family Holiday Feminism Floating Market Florence Focus Foreigner France Friendship Gibraltar Grace Gran Canaria Gratitude Greece Greyscale Help Hillsong Hillsong Church Holiday Homesickness Hua Hin Human Interest Island Life Italy John 3:16 Judgemental Kalambaka Kinderdijk King Ahab Lagos Leiden Lido Lifestyle Lisse Love Lupita Nyong'o Maastricht Marbella Matthew 5 Metéora Moods Swings Musée Du Louvre Naboth's Vineyard Netherlands New Experience New Year Obedience Paris Personal Growth Perspective Phetchaburi Photography Photo Journal Playa Del Inglés Playing It Safe Ponta Da Piedade Portugal Priorities Profile Story Puerto De Mogan Purpose Rain Photography Real-love Relationships Romantic Relationships Ronda Salema Self Love Sisters Sister Tag Sleep Spain SS Rotterdam Stepping Out In Faith Stronger Together Summer Supporting Women Thailand The Power Of Our Actions Thessaloniki Travel Travel Blogger Travelling Travel Vlog Treviso Trikala True Love Tuk Tuk Unity Venice Vision Vulnerability Women Women Empowerment Women In The Workplace Women Supporting Women Working With Women Working Women